Here is a definitive list of the 14 superfoods and what those superfoods mean to your health and wellness.
1. Beans and lentils are high in fiber and help to reduce obesity. Beans help lower your cholesterol level, reduce obesity, stabalize blood sugar and combat heart disease.
2. Blueberries which lower the risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer. They also help the skin. This is similar to the Acai berry but these berries are not as potent.
3. Broccoli builds strong bones and fights birth defects. It also boosts the immune system, supports the cardiovascular system and helps to prevents cataracts.
4. Oats lowers cholesterol and thereby reduces the likelihood of coronary heart disease and Type II diabetes. They are also high in fiber and protein. The Quaker Oats ads are not fooling when they say its the way to a healthy heart.
5. Oranges help prevent cancer, strokes, diabetes, and improves heart health. This High Vitamin C source is good nourishment for the body.
6. Pumpkin supplies the right nutrients for youthful, healthy skin and at the same time helps lower the risk of various cancers.
7. Wild Salmon has High Omega 3 fatty acids which lowers the risk of cancer and heart disease.
8. Soy is high in protein and helps prevent cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, and cancer. Women also benefit from the reief it gives to menopausal and menstrual symptoms.
9. Spinach is high in iron which decreases the risk of cancer, cardiovascular disease plus macular degeneration, cataracts and many cancers.
10. Tea helps boost the immune system, helps prevent cancer and osteoporosis, and lowers the risk of stroke while promoting cardiovascular health.
11. Tomatoes raise the skin’s sun protection while helping to lower the incidence of cancer. They also play a role in preventing cataracts and macular degeneration.
12. Turkey is extremely low in fat while providing necessary nutrients and protein which helps build a strong immune system.
13. Walnuts reduce the risk of cancer, diabetes, and coronary heart disease.
14. Yogurt promotes strong bones and a healthy heart. This great source of calcium is consumed daily by the long living group of Bulgaria.
14 Superfoods for a healthy life
I read this book "Superfoods Rx: fourteen foods that will change your life" in Barnes and Noble sometime back. It’s a wonderful book with lot of information.
14 superfoods For those of you interested in staying healthy and happy, here’sa must-read book, the super-bestselling book that’s enhancing America’s health.
14 ways to help Anti aging
These are the most super of the super foods. They are little exploding bombs of nutrients, packed with bioflavonoid, this is a type of antioxidant that is said to strengthen artery walls and maintain the structure of the skin.